If you’re in the Dallas, Texas area and looking for the best dirt bike trails, you’re in luck. The region is home to some of the most thrilling and diverse dirt biking trails in the country, offering dirt bike riders of all skill levels plenty of options to choose from.
In this post, we’ll be exploring the top 3 dirt bike trails in Dallas, Texas within 130 miles, so you can plan your next adrenaline-fueled adventure with ease.
The best dirt bike trails are within a few hours from downtown Dallas, Texas. These are the top 3 dirt bike trails in Dallas:
- Red River Motorcycle Trails: Located in Bulcher, Texas, around 95 miles northeast of Dallas. RRMT offers over 2,700 acres of land with a variety of trails for dirt biking, ranging from beginner-friendly to advanced.
- Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area: Situated in Gilmer, Texas, around 120 miles east of Dallas. BMRA features over 1,800 acres of land with 64 miles of dirt biking trails, including technical terrain and hill climbs.
- Cross Bar Ranch: Situated in Davis, Oklahoma, around 110 miles north of Dallas. It features over 6,500 acres of land with dirt biking trails that range from easy to extreme.
If you are looking for other dirt bike or ATV locations across United States for best dirt biking trails or motocross or more locations around Dallas for dirt bikes or Dallas mx locations, check out our dirt bike trail finder. You will find more than 1,900 locations to choose from.
Let’s dive right into it and take a look at the top 3 dirt bike trails near Dallas, Texas.
1. Best Dirt Bike Trails in Dallas: Red River Motorcycle Trails
Nestled in the picturesque North Texas Hill Country, Red River Motorcycle Trails (RRMT) is a top-rated dirt bike riding spot and the winner in our list for the best dirt bike trails in Dallas, Texas.
Located in Bulcher, Texas, around 95 miles northeast of Dallas, this off-road haven is perfect for dirt bike enthusiasts of all levels, offering a range of trails for both beginners and experts.
The park spans over 2,700 acres of rolling hills, creeks, and valleys with varying degrees of difficulty to keep riders on their toes. With stunning views and challenging terrain, RRMT is a must-visit destination for anyone seeking an adrenaline-fueled dirt biking adventure.
Recommended Rider Levels at RRMT
Red River Motorcycle Trails welcomes riders of all skill levels, from beginners to experienced riders. The park offers a range of trails with varying degrees of difficulty, from easy to advanced, so riders can choose the trails that best suit their abilities and preferences.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a first-time rider, you’ll find plenty of exciting and challenging trails to explore at Red River Motorcycle Trails.
We recommend RRMT primarily to advanced riders and hard enduro riders. However, it also works well for beginner level riders working their way up to more and more challenging trails.
Amenities Available at RRMT
Red River Motorcycle Trails offers a range of amenities to make your dirt biking experience as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Here are some of the amenities you can expect to find at RRMT:
Shower | Toilet | Camping: Primitive to cabins and hookups for trailers | Shop | Picnic Areas
There are few picnic tables around and plenty of parking space. There is also a shower and toilets at the property.
In addition, you can bring a trailer and also camp out; the place has plenty of spots to rent.
Accessibility and Pricing Options for RRMT
The ranch offers daily ride tickets and annual memberships with discounts.
Rider fee’s to ride per day are $30 for visitors, $20 for members, and $25 for members guests, with member present.
Annual memberships range between $100 – $300 per calendar year.
Good to Know at RRMT
The single track at RRMT is technical, flowy but sometimes difficult to navigate through. Total single track is around 30 miles in various difficulty levels and obstacles.
Helmets are required, no night riding, no whips or flags required.
Visitors can only ride during the weekends and need to arrive within the park hours. If you are visiting from longer away, call the park to arrange an exception.
RRMT allows dirt bikes as well as 4-wheelers, ATV’s & side by sides. However, they do not allow Jeeps, Dune Buggies or other 4×4 vehicles.
Location and How To Find RRMT
Red River Motorcycle Trails is located at 15393 North FM 373, Bulcher, Texas.
It’s about an hour and a half drive north from Dallas. Map it out with Google here.
Check out general information about the park here: Red River Motorcycle Trails.
Don’t forget to call ahead to ride this awesome dirt bike ranch near Dallas Texas for dirt bikes and enduro style riding.
2. Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area (BMRA)
Located in the heart of East Texas, Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area (BMRA) is a premier destination for dirt bike riders looking for a thrilling off-road adventure near Dallas, Texas.
Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area is located in Gilmer, Texas, about 130 miles east of Dallas. This expansive park spans over 1,800 acres of rugged and diverse terrain, featuring challenging single-track trails, rocky hillsides, and steep inclines.
With plenty of amenities, including camping facilities, restrooms, and showers, BMRA provides everything you need for a fun and comfortable stay. Whether you’re looking for a weekend getaway or just a day of adrenaline-fueled adventure, Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area is the perfect destination for dirt bike riders seeking to push their limits and explore some of the most challenging terrain in Texas.
Recommended Rider Levels for BMRA
BMRA offers a variety of trails to suit riders of all skill levels, from beginners to advanced, making it an ideal destination for families and groups of friends.
But for riders who love extremely technical and challenging hill climbs and technical trails, this is a great location to visit!
We recommend BMRA advanced riders and up and for hard enduro riders.
Amenities Offered at BMRA
Toilet | Showers | Camping | RVs | Store
Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area offers a range of amenities for visitors, including over 200 campsites (primitive and RV), restrooms, showers, a pavilion, a playground, a fishing pond, a scenic overlook, and a small convenience store selling basic supplies and snacks.
Accessibility and Pricing at BMRA
You need an OHV sticker to ride at BMRA (you can get it here: Texas OHV sticker).
he ride fees at Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area vary depending on the length of stay and the type of vehicle being ridden. Here are the current ride fees:
- Day Use Fee: $15 per rider (per day) for members, $30 non members
- Annual Pass: $100 per rider (valid for one year from the date of purchase)
- Camping Fees: $10-$20 per night (depending on the type of campsite)
- OHV (Off-Highway Vehicle) Permit: $8.25 per year (required for all vehicles)
- Annual membership: $60 to get discount
- Camping: Primitive $10 / electric $25 / premium $35 per night
It’s worth noting that annual passes and OHV permits are available for purchase at the park or online, and they provide access to all Texas OHV parks, not just BMRA.
Good To Know at BMRA
Here are some good-to-know things about Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area:
- BMRA is open year-round, but some trails may be closed due to weather or maintenance issues.
- Riders are required to wear helmets and protective gear while on the trails.
- BMRA offers a variety of trails, including single-track, ATV, and UTV trails, as well as several rock crawling areas.
- Pets are welcome at BMRA but must be kept on a leash and under control at all times.
- The park can get very busy during peak season, so it’s a good idea to make reservations for camping and/or riding in advance.
- BMRA offers organized events throughout the year, including trail rides, races, and festivals, so be sure to check the park’s calendar for upcoming events.
- The park is staffed by friendly and knowledgeable rangers who are available to answer questions and provide assistance.
Additionally, the red clay looking dirt can stain clothes, gear and your dirt bike. Be sure to clean and wash your dirt bike and gear as soon as you are able to. The red clay stains plastics and graphics if you leave the gear or dirt bike unwashed, sometimes ever for a day.
Location and Accessing BMRA
Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area or BMRA is located in Gilmer, Texas, about a 2-hour drive (130 miles) east of Dallas. Map it out with Google here.
Check out general information about the park here: Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area or BMRA.
3. Cross Bar Ranch
Nestled in the rolling hills of southern Oklahoma, Cross Bar Ranch is an off-road park that offers a range of thrilling activities for dirt bike riders. Cross Bar Ranch is located near Davis, OK, approximately 130 miles north of Dallas, Texas.
Cross Bar Ranch is the largest offroad park in Oklahoma and Texas. With over 6,500 acres of rugged and diverse terrain, including rock formations, steep hills, and winding trails, Cross Bar Ranch is a must-visit destination for anyone seeking an adrenaline-fueled adventure. Total of over 150 miles of trails will leave no-one asking for more!
With plenty of amenities, including camping facilities, restrooms, and a concession stand, Cross Bar Ranch provides everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Whether you’re planning a day trip or a longer stay, Cross Bar Ranch is the perfect destination for dirt bike riders seeking to test their skills and explore some of the most exciting terrain in Oklahoma.
Recommended Rider Levels at Cross Bar Ranch
The park offers a variety of trails suitable for riders of all skill levels, from beginners to experienced riders, as well as several challenging rock crawling areas for those looking for an extra challenge.
Cross Bar Ranch offers a variety of trails and obstacles suitable for riders of all skill levels, including single-track trails, rocky hillsides, and challenging rock crawling areas.
We recommend Cross Bar Ranch to all dirt bike riders from beginners to advanced riders as well as kids and families.
Amenities at Cross Bar Ranch
Shower | Toilet | Camping: Primitive to cabins and hookups for trailers | Shop | Food Truck
Cross Bar Ranch offers a range of amenities for visitors, including:
- Camping facilities: The park features over 50 campsites with electric and water hookups, as well as primitive camping options for tents and RVs.
- Restrooms and showers: There are several restroom facilities located throughout the park, as well as hot showers for campers.
- Concession stand: The park offers a concession stand selling snacks, drinks, and basic supplies.
- Picnic areas: There are several picnic areas scattered throughout the park, offering a great spot for a break or lunch.
It’s worth noting that the park also has experienced staff and guides available to provide assistance and ensure visitors have a safe and enjoyable experience.
Accessibility and Pricing at Cross Bar Ranch
The park is basically always open, except the deer hunting season late in the year.
Pricing is simple;
- $20/day for 16+ year olds
- $10/day for 10-16 year olds
- Kids under 10 ride free
The ranch has 28 RV sites with water and 30/50 amps on a concrete slabs. Primitive camping and bunk houses are also available.
Good To Know at Cross Bar Ranch
Largest offroad park in Texas and Oklahoma! Plenty of single track and hill climbs.
Riding is allowed 24/7 and is closed only for the deer rifle season.
There is no gate, you can arrive at any time. Just book and call ahead!
Cross Bar Ranch does not require flags, whips or helmets, however helmets and protective gear is recommended.
The local shop sells shirts, hats, stickers, koozies, ice, chips, candy, water, gatorade, and sodas.
Location and Accessing Cross Bar Ranch
Cross Bar Ranch is located near Davis, OK, approximately 130 miles north of Dallas, Texas. It’s about 2-hour drive from Dallas, Texas. Map it out with Google here.
Check out general information about the park here: Cross Bar Ranch.
These three locations near Dallas Texas are among my favorites places to ride in.
They are all large ride parks, with very technical hill climbs as well as plenty of single track riding and everything in between. They’re family friendly and offer great beginner and kids friendly riding opportunities.
We have regular visited these locations over the past 5 years and still enjoy taking the annual ride weekends to each location. My first time at Red River Motorcycle Trails, or RRMT was with the Graham Jarvis class back in 2018 and quickly fell in love with the location. It is one of my favorite places to go and spend the weekend riding.
Ping back if you found Joshua tree hillclimb at Red River and made it all the way up there!
Keep rounding those knobs!
- Use my dirt bike trail finder for more 2000+ locations around United States. You will love it!
- Also, check out these locations near Austin, Texas: Best dirt bike trails in Austin, Texas
- If you’re near Houston, Texas, check out these dirt bike trails in Sam Houston National Forest.
- Get ready and setup your dirt bike suspension for trail riding with these simple instructions.
Last updated: April 7, 2023